Do I need to let ASAP know that I filed my own 941-X to claim ERC?

Yes, please contact us if you (or your accountant / tax preparer) filed a 941-X return to claim an ERC refund so we can notate your account accordingly.

Please Note: As your agent of record and to keep your payroll records consistent, we prefer to file 941-X returns for payroll clients. We may also need you to sign a waiver releasing us from liability as your agent-of-record since we did not file those tax documents.

Share This FAQ