On January 1, 2023, Colorado will begin collecting premiums from employers for the state’s Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI) program. In August, the Colorado Department of Labor & Employment (CDLE) FAMLI Division adopted revised program requirements for employers. During this webinar recorded on September 29, 2022, employment law attorney Michael Santo unpacks action items that matter most to employers for FAMLI compliance.
Covered topics include:
- Calculating and deducting employee premiums from paychecks and remitting payments to the state’s FAMLI Division
- August updates to FAMLI rules for employers
- How FAMLI works with other Federal and State paid leave programs, such as FMLA and HFWA
- Impacts on multi-state/remote workforces
- Exemption process (local governments/special tax districts and private plans)
- Notifying employees and updates to PTO and leave policies